Thursday, August 18, 2005

 
Naku I forgot to make kwento about last Monday's Rotary Club of Makati South's Induction.

As a past president (RY 2002-2003), I had to attend this yearly ritual of the old president handing over the reins of the club leadership to a new president. These inductions are very formal affairs punctuated with pomp and circumstances. During my year, I required everyone to come in black tie (not business suits nor blazers, but black tie). This year, the business suit was the attire for the evening. I donned my best suit, a Paul Smith that I paid a fortune for.

I had the distinction of serving as the youngest president at that time in a club full of old men. Lol. So I found myself surrounded by the who's who of the Rotary World generally older men than me. The only thing younger than me are the lady dancing instructors and the obviously gay male dancing instructors.

My club even hired a band that played tunes from the 60's and 70's. As the formal part ended, the real party began. Old men and their wives danced and sang to the tunes of the 60's and 70's. A few of them joined the band and eventually took over the singing chores of the band. Those old men and ladies were really having a blast while I was so bored out of my mind. Lol.

Finally, at about 11, I had enough. I left and gave my number to a dancing queen who was openly flirting with me. He wasnt bad looking and that bulge in his pants held some promise. Lol.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?