Monday, August 15, 2005

 
Friday's traffic was one of the worst I've seen in this city of ours. I was at my cousin's office hearing him advising my brother on how to protect his assets from his wife and how to pass it on to his daugther. My brother is a bit pissed off at his wife. I don't blame him. He married an unstable witch. My sister and I were mainly there for moral support. Lol. My sister hates the witch. She thinks she's a money grubbing, self centered bitch. I tend to agree with her. The witch does not have any friends but she's got loads of people who don't like her. Well, my brother married a witch so I guess he'll have to live with it. Lol.

Orly's dinner went off without a hitch. Orly showed up early and Thad and I were not yet ready. I was still in the shower when he arrived. It's a good thing the appetizers were ready: oysters florentine and rissoto rice balls with a bit of chorizo. Then the gang started to arrive. Dan, Eric, Vic, Mark, Choi, Levy, Daffy, Frederick, Manny, Renmin and Jason. Eric warned us that there seems to be trouble in paradise between Jason and Mark.

Buttercup outdid himself. Aside from the yummy appetizers, the main course was poached sole in herb butter on a bed of spinach, pasta with tomato cream sauce and parma ham, and smoked tangingue wrapped in puff pastry. And I almost served a full bodied hearty red wine. Its a good thing I had a light red wine and a chardonnay. Dessert was cheese cake decorated with fruits and baked apple stuffed with cream.

Then Eric got behind the bar and mixed the cocktails. I became plastered. I think I passed out and missed the drama between Mark and Jason. Lol.

Buttercup and I watched the "Great Raid". I enjoyed the movie since I loved the book "Ghost Soldiers". I loved James FRanco. He is my new crush. He looks so yummy. He has this endearing lovable leader role. Cesar Montano was not bad. He played Capt. Juan Pajota, one of the guerilla leaders in Cabanatuan. But I don't think he'll get any award for his role. We ended up in Bed for a few drinks and a few laughs.

Heard from Jenny and Jing that the climb was a killer. TB does it again! What perfect timing. Lol.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?