Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

Stones, stones and more rocks.....

Got back from Mt. Tapulao in Zambales. It was a nice getaway for a weekend climb but I'll never climb that mountain again. The trail consisted of stones, rocks and more stones and rocks. I have a blister in my dainty right toe. And it hurts like hell.

I enjoyed the company of the climb group. There's the usual cast of characters like Mama Mench (I have a new name for her), Melody, Eloy, Pat, Mau, Bien, Armin and our fearless group leader, Lorie. Fortunately for us, the trainees assigned to us were a strong bunch. There's Jason (the Queen of this batch), Maricar (who likes to whine), Rendo (a twink, kinda ok for a 1 night stand. Lol) and Happy (who strangely looks like Luli Arroyo. Lol). Most of them are all easy to get along with.

Fortunately, we had good food and a good pine convered campsite. That more than made up for that lousy, hot, rocky trail. Jason cooked a mean pasta meal. I liked the sauce better than the pasta. I brought a whole rhum butter cake. Simon and Shrub lined up for it. I didn't know what Mench and the others had but I left them half the cake. Knowing those hogs, they ate it all! Lol.

My kinda lazy to do a blow by blow account of the climb because I hated the trail. It won't be fair to the nice and funny things that happened during the climb. So I'd rather give the highlights in bullet points.

I'd like to join the 2nd climb but it might fall on sister's birthday. Hmmm... I wonder if the BMC will move the schedule. I wonder if they'll move the schedule for the acquaintance party since I'll be in Bacolod land. I doubt it though. I ain't President anymore and I've been reminded about that so many times. Lol.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?