Saturday, July 09, 2005

 

Cebu/Dumaguete and Other Stuff

Just came back from a Cebu and Dumaguete trip. It was an exhausting and satisfying trip. What was I doing there?

You see, I belong to this organization called by its short name, FINEX. The long long name is Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines. No one calls it by that stupid long name. But the shorter name has always been mis-pronounced by all jologs I've come across. Its mangled pronounciation is FINE X. We pronounce it as FIN X.

Anyway, that organization is supposedly one of those premier, pre-eminent, influencial business groups. It is composed of about 800 of the country's CFO's, CEO's, business owners, professors and other assorted very well off characters who are all successful in their own right. A lot of egos in that organization but the women are the worst! Lol. Most of the political infighting in FINEX are started by women. Somehow when women fight, they drag everyone with them. They say that MAP (Management Association of the Philippines) and the Makati Business Club have less politics and infighting because they have less women members. Lol.

Anyway, I digress. Early this year, someone in the hierachy of Finex decided to appoint me as Junior Finex Chairperson. I've been active in the committee for about 5 years now and I know that committee is a very diffcult committee to run. Its mission is to bridge the gap between the students and the practicing finance executive. So every year, we conduct talks for free for students in any business topics. The students like it because it gives them a glimpse of the real world. We also conduct a contest called the Inter-Collegiate Finance Competition. And that is dthe hardest part of the committee. Running the ICFC is like a full time job. You've got to get funding, you've got to gt the schools to participate and you've to run this successfully or your reputation is toast. Lol.

I was in Cebu and Dumaguete to promote the contest. As Chief Pedophile, it was my duty to sell the contest. All major schools are in except for a school in Metro Manila that considers itself a major school but is actually a light weight. We call this school rather derisively as the University of Armani and Prada. They're actually known as the University of Asia and the Pacific. Lol.

Anyway, I was there to promote the contest. Its kinda hard to promote the contest when you get easily distracted by all those yummy students. Sigh, I can only look but cannot touch! I have a reputation to uphold you know. Lol.

Anyway, when I was there, I got texts from Melody about the upcoming training climb. I was more excited going to the training climb than doing this schtick.

The one thing I hate going to these places is my non accessibility to emails. And reading A's blog.

And what irritated me yesterday is that Finex actually asked for the President's resignation. It didn't sit well with me. I can't stand the opposition and Susan Roces and Noli is an unknown. Those leftist are idiots harping on failed ideologies. Everyone is acting as if they are so moral and the President is so immoral. Hell, most of these guys committed sins worse than her. The only difference is that she got caught.

What is this country coming to?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?