Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

A TIME HONOURED EVENT

(Notice that I've used the British spelling ie honoured, colour, its another habit I picked up from A.Lol).

Yesterday, I was a busy bee. I started the day by putting on a Tyler shirt with french cuffs, Valentino suit and Kenneth Cole shoes. I went over to Thad's canteen to make sure everything is allright; met with James and Ma-le over coffee at Starbucks and went to the office to work and supervise the Visa MOA Cocktails. Made dozens of calls to Engel (the assistant that Finex hired for my committee. Yes, he is a fairy too!). Then Nian from Eon called me telling me that Jim Dixon has the mumps! She wanted to cancel the cocktails and I wanted to kill her for suggesting that. I simply told her that a representative from Visa will do. I need that P200, 000 for my committee mumps or no mumps!!!! Anyway that little crisis sorted itself out.

The cocktails at the Polo Club went smoothly without a hitch. Junie (my old dear very gay friend and owner of EON) and I made sure this went off without a hitch. The wine was good, the food was even better. Ever since the members of the Polo Club kicked out the old officers and directors and installed people like my uncle and his cabal, service and food has improved 200%!!!! The usual speeches and toast were the business of the day. Of course the dirty old men of Finex like Frank and Elmer were all over the nice looking innocent girls of Visa. Ed F. arrived late as usual and in his usual flaming queen style.

Then my phone started ringing. Omigosh, I the BMC Committee is calling! I'm wanted over the Orientation Night of AMCI. But I really couldn't leave yet because I had to wait till these old men, old women and younger flirtatious women left. For God's sakes, I'm the friggin host!

Finally, we said our good byes and off I rush to attend that time honoured event of AMCI, the prelude to the BMC, the Orientation Night. Needless to say as I entered the Molina Hall, I made a splash. I'm wearing a suit remember? I think I kinda stole the attention of the members and a few of the audience from Carla's presentation. Carla is our beloved and lovable president. She used to be the CorSec of the club when I was president and some spell that Oca and I put on her made her run for president. Now that she's president, all the headaches and all the dealing with wierd club members are her all hers now. lol. But she's lovable anyway. Her sidekicks are lovable too like Yaya and that spoiled brat Jenny.

I like the way the flow went. Pretty soon, I was up there making my spiel to the wannabees. With my usual charm and wit, I may have convinced or turned off a few of them. lol. But the committee made good choices in the emcees. Mau and Chic (yes Chic. I know I know, I still have to improve her taste in clothes) were excellent. They kept the flow going. The multi media presentation was good! But the boring part was the Columbia presentation. For a marketing company, they could have placed someone there with a little more panache and charm. He was booooring.

And as the wannabees started to leave, I got three of them to sign up. I even got a guy in his late 30's or early 40's with a hypertensive condition to sign up. Mountaineering is gonna be good to him. The physical activity will get his blood pressure down. Of course I had to use madam president as an example to get these wannabees to sign up. If Carla can do it, the wannabees can too!

Pretty soon, I was feeling kinda hot. So I left the time honoured event to go home, take my suit off, shower and change into comfortable shorts, t-shirt and flipflops to meet the gang at that time honoured destination called DigiCafe.

Ah yes our topic was the venerable MFPI civil war. It seems that Manny got an email from Manny of the MFPI Mindanao faction and Manny forwarded it to Oca who in turn called me earlier to forward it to me (confused yet??? Lol).
Yep, the Mindanao group is up in arms against the President and the Board of the MFPI. The same issues that we (AMCI) raised in the past and that caused our leaving the MFPI are the same issues that are now being raised. And to top it all, there was a plot hatched by that no good MFPI President, Regie Pablo to oust our club in 2002 from the MFPI. It was all revealed in that email chain. Well that justified us leaving the organization last year when I was President. Ha, who would want to be a part of an organization led by inept and morally flawed leaders?

Is it our fault that AMCI is made up of diverse individuals from different walks of life that are relatively more successful, better looking and better equipped than that of the MFPI? As the saying in my universe goes "PLEASE DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL." LoL.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?