Friday, June 10, 2005

 

Looking Forward to the Weekend

Its gonna be a busy busy weekend. Rowell is getting married on Saturday at 3pm. Dan is giving his traditional Independence Day party on Saturday at 9pm and to top Saturday off, its Bed's Anniversary Party! Gosh, I'm envisioning 2 costume changes. Lol.

On Sunday, I'm attending Andy and Auggie's farewell swimming party at Juan Salcedo. Hmmm... wonder if that will degenerate into something else. I had dinner though with the 2 of them last night at Kai. Anton San Diego (yes, he's the editor of Tatler, the society glossy magazine) hosted the dinner and as most good society editors is expected to do, knew everyone in my family and noticed my Patek Phillippe watch. Lol. Hay.... the perils of noblise oblige. Lol.. I must admit though, the dinner was good. At least the wine is not some cheap plonk.

Andy works for the U.S. Embassy as a diplomat in charge of US Citizen affairs. Auggie works there part time. They will be moving to DC for a three months before going on to Mexico City. Gosh all these gay diplomats that I've made friends with are all leaving.

First it was Jaap and Sonny from the Netherlands. They were assigned to Turkey. We had wonderful parties in their house in Dasmarinas Village. When Sonny was away, we had wonderful naked swimming parties with young college students and soldiers (yes, real soldiers from the AFP). Jaap loves to dive and he is a diving buddy. Sonny loves to party. They both met in New York. Sonny is Filipino and is legally married to Jaap. In the Netherlands, gay marriages are recognized by the state. Sonny even gets a pension from the Queen!

Now Andy and Auggie are leaving. They're taking their cat with them. Can you imagine if people actually knew that I'm close friends to a US diplomat? I might be deluge with never heard of relatives and some new found fake friends! Lol. That was why I was very careful in introducing them to people. I didnt want them taken advantaged of. And that's why I'm still their good friends. Plus the fact that they gave me these See's lollipops for my birthday. yum yum.

And Monday was declared a holiday. Whats a gurl to do with losts of time in his hands?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?