Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

Ang Bobo Nitong Sagot!

June 15, 2005

Mr. Reggie M. Pablo
President
Mountaineering Federation of the Philippines

Dear Mr. Pablo:

(The contents of this letter expresses solely my opinion only and does not reflect the opinion of AMCI Mountaineering Club, Inc. and should not be treated as an official statement thereof.)

I am in receipt of an email regarding the Mindanao clubs position paper submitted to the MFPI.

Upon reading the email, I was disturbed by the allegation of Joel Pandatu that there was an attempt by you to discredit AMCI in their 2002 Induction Climb to Mt. Apo. Let me quote directly from the email: “your shadows are haunting you? I still remember during the height of AMCI-Mt Apo issue when you are fueling the fire and convincing me to file a complaint against AMCI so that you can terminate their membership. Is this the kind of trick that you think we are doing? Or this is what you were afraid of, that your tricks mayhave been exposed by Manny?” –allegation by Joel Pandatu.

If the allegation made by Joel Pandatu is true, then the Club decision not to renew the Club’s membership in the MFPI by the our members during my term as President of AMCI in 2004 is fully justified. Aside from the MFPI losing its raison d’ etre as a Federation, AMCI cannot be part of an organization wherein wrongful accusations have been made and our Club’s integrity attacked. It also explains why the report made by Manny Serina, then VP for Mindanao, absolving AMCI from any wrongful accusation was neither made public nor accepted by the MFPI.

I find it reprehensible that a President of a purported national federation would stoop so low in finding ways to expel a club that has done no wrong solely to satisfy his dislike, prejudices and hatred towards AMCI Mountaineering Club.



Sincerely,


Antonio Ramon T. Ongsiako
Past President (2004)
AMCI Mountaineering Club, Inc.

AND THIS IS HIS ANSWER:

Dear Mr. Ongsiako.

This is also a personal response to your email.

I will let the exchanges of email attached below speak for itself. I strongly suggest that you check your facts first before jumping to conclusions.

I am also attaching a letter of Park Superintendent Leonilo Rivera of the Mt. Apo Protected Area Management Board. This will present a different perspective on the issue. Perhaps you can share it with the other members of your organization. I know for a fact that there are more sensible members of AMCI than you. But I wont be surprise if you wont.

For the record, I have no hatred towards AMCI nor its members. Again, don't jump to conclusions.

And if I may add, I was then serving as the Vice President of MFPI. All the actions I did was in accordance with the instructions of then MFPI President Butch Sebastian. So I suggest that you also communicate with him.

I would love to react to your opinion, but I would not stoop down on your level too.

Regie Pablo

Yan ang sagot ng bobo. He did not address any of the issues I brought up. He did not deny nor confirm whether the allegations are true and whether the MFPI accepted a report from Mr. Manny Serina. BoBo.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?