Friday, May 27, 2005

 

The Fragility of Life

It never ceases to amaze me how life is so fragile. Last Wednesday, I bumped into Mon, a climbing buddy of mine at the AMCI exhibit in Glorietta 4. I complimented him on his recent weight loss and nudged him to get back into shape so he can climb again.

Yesterday, I got a text message from Malvin stating that Mon got shot. Frantic phone calls ensued and various text messages exchanged then on to the exhibit to get more news of this startling and shocking event. From what I gathered, Mon went over to Johann's house in Evangelista St., Bangkal Makati at about 1am to sleep over at Johann's house. Apparently, Johann's sleep was kinda deep so he didn't hear Mon's knock. Mon to while away the time, took a nap in his car. After a short nap, he went over to the 7-11 branch to buy a drink. As he emerged from the store someone shot him 3x in the stomach just like that. No one knows why. Nothing was stolen.

He's at the ICU of Makati Medical Center. Apparently his condition is stable but critical.

What's wrong with that person who shot him? I felt rage against whoever did this to him. An innocent person shot just like that. Whats scary about the whole damn incident is that it can happen to anyone.

I've also discovered a new strange emotion. An emotion that I really don't like. It is blinding rage at an act like this. I don't know how I'll react if I ever confront the person who did this dastardly act to Mon. Most likely, beat him to a pulp and stab him several times. Will I be able to do it?

I do have a tinge of guilt though. It happened while I was having mind blowing sex with A. Lol. Seriously, I worry about A going home after our trysts.

This leads me to ponder-- are we really humans masquerading as animals or are we really animals masquerading as humans?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?