Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 

AH A NEW POPE...

I woke up at 5am to CNN showing scenes from the Vatican and announcing that we have a new Pope. Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, a German, is now Pope Benedict XVI (for Lasallites este Lasallians (thats how they call themselves these days) reading this blog, its read as Benedict the 16th). How will this earth shattering event affect moi?

Well, Frank Ysaac, past president of that illustrious organization (if they don't elect me director for next year, they're not illustrious! Shit.... can't campaign... position seeks the man and all that crap....can't practice my vote buying prowess...) called FINEX (Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines) sent me text messages at the ungodly hour of 6am. I gotta forgive Frank. He's getting on in years. He doesn't need much sleep. His 1st message reads:

"The cardinals have spoken. They have elected a German as Pope to shepherd the catholic flock. He will now be known as the GERMAN SHEPHERD."

2nd message:

"The rats are scurrying in fear from the Vatican. Cardinal Rat-Zinger has been elected Pope."

Ok so I get funny texts from a funny old foggy. Its Wednesday and its the Glorious Mystery day if you pray the rosary. Is my life gonna change??? From the way the news goes, he's a conservative meaning: no women priests, no married priests, no birth control and no homosexual marriages or worse--no recognition of gays! So life goes on. There really is nothing new to expect. He's 78 for Christs sakes (no pun intended). He's not gonna be pope for long. I'll give him 10 years (at the most).

Life goes on.... spouse is in a foul mood this morning.... I'll still see A later. A and I will violate all the sacred tenets of the Church.... But will we go to hell??? The jury is still out on that.

I really gotta find out who Mr. Big is? or Ching? Or Ritchie Rich? Oh well, I guess I'll have to find out later. Hmmmm.... maybe I'll torture him with pleasure....
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?