Tuesday, March 01, 2005

 

Oscars??? Hmmmm....

It's the Oscars once again. Somehow I don't feel that as excited in watching the Oscar's as in the previous years. I enjoyed watching "THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST'. a film made by Mel Gibson, I thought it was a very good film. It was not nominated for an Oscar Award.

That kinda dampened my spirits. The film was good. It had the highest grossing movie in all time. The story of Mel Gibson putting out this movie is heroic. Against all odds and criticisms, he pulled it off. From labelling him anti semitic to fanatic, he took it all in stride and bet all he had for this movie to come out. THAT STORY IN ITSELF IS A MOVIE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS.

I am a Christian belonging to the Catholic faith. I am not religious although I do go through the rituals the Catholic church requires me to do. I am a worldly person. I enjoy the finer things in life and I do help out in the community I belong in. I respect all religions and have intellectually studied them. But there are historical facts that cannot be ignored or glossed upon because it happened.

Some Jews have called "The Passion of the Chirst" as anti-semitic. That's a lot of crap. Jesus Christ was a Jew who preached to the Jews about God and salvation. The Jews rejected him and in cahoots with the Romans tortured Him and put Him to death. It happened. Its a fact. What is so anti-semitic about that? During WWII the Holocaust happened. That is a fact too. I didnt hear the movie "Schindler's List" criticized as anti-German.

Methinks Hollywood is dominated by Jews who are anti everything. Methinks Hollywood got peeved that Mel Gibson actually succeeded in producing and making tons of money from this movie.
Comments:
Im sorry my Tonyboy ... You liked the "Passion of the CHIRST"? (see paragraph 4) is this in the same genre as the "The TNE Comandmnet"? Im Kidding baby, I loved the film too. What else could Mel Gibson had done better? Should I say please TRANSSLATE??? The whole subtitle thing i just cant take. Was it Hebrew? Was it Latin? Need i be more stupid? LOL. Of course its in Thai!!!

I couldnt agree with you more on the nomination though ... it deserved at least "BEST IN SHOCK". The beating and the torture and the blood... OH men.

Overall Rating : I give the "Passion of the Chirst"
5 stars - Christiano e. :)
 
My dear dear Archie… the story in making the Passion of the Christ is an epic already. It is worth another movie! Aramaic and Latin. Both tsugi languages probably as old as I am (you comment on my age, you DIE!!!!!). The torture thing is realistic enough. Got turned on by the blood and gore (shades of masochism)…. Seriously, a lot of research was put into it. Did you know in the middle ages and the renaissance period, there was a method of torture called ‘hung, drawn and quartered”? You hung someone upside down and slowly sliced open his stomach and while slowly losing consciousness, started cutting his extremities (arms, legs, dick) until he died. Yummy isn’t it???

But I’ll settle for you eating me alive! J
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?